Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Insomnia

While staring at the ceiling I can't help but think about a short discussion that Andrea and I had about the significance work plays in our lives. Through my limited knowledge of philosophy I've come up with one possible explanation by borrowing from my good friends Jean-Paul Sartre and Karl Marx. That because there isn't a universal, absolute meaning to life, we must create our own; and in order to do so we must find work that is meaningful to our community and ourselves.

In the past few days I've met some amazing people that I believe take true pride and dignity out of their work as Journalist. I have trouble expressing the gratification and respect I have towards them for using their experience to pass the torch to a new generation of Journalist. While we may not all follow in their footsteps, I think I speak for all of the workshop students in saying that this camp is a tremendous opportunity for all of us, and that we all can not thank you enough for putting on this program.

-Joe Armenta

No comments:

Post a Comment